[Curated Box] Goodbeing April 2016


This month's Goodbeing box was all about getting ready and fresh-faced for the summer to come! I'm a true Cali girl, so I'm very much excited about the upcoming season!  I was also happy to find that there were plenty of options in my box ranging from body products to skincare to makeup!  Read on for a comprehensive look at this month's Goodbeing!  




Meow meow tweet Makeup Remover

Ingredients:
*simmondsia chinensis (jojoba) oil, cocos nucifera (fractionated coconut oil), *corylus avellana (hazelnut) oil, *citrus limon (lemon) essential oil, rosa damascena (bulgarian rose) absolute

Experience:
 I've tested other oil-based makeup removers before in the green beauty realm and gave them up due to my disdain of having to get into a cycle of using and washing multiple muslin cloths per week. This makeup remover requires the same process, so I was a bit biased going into the experience. While I will say that this did not irritate my skin, it also didn't seem to do a good job in removing all of my makeup. I had used about 2-3 pumps of oil and massaged it into my face for a good 5 minutes. Afterwards, I wiped it off using a muslin cloth and saw that there it did take off a lot of makeup but I still had panda eyes that just did not wipe off clean. When I went back with my bioderma, I did see a bit of makeup residue left on the cotton pad.



Mychelle Sun Shield Clear Stick SPF 50

Ingredients:
Active Ingredient: Zinc Oxide 17%Inactive Ingredients: Beeswax, Bisabolol, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Calophyllum Tacamahaca Seed Oil, Cannabis Sativa Seed Oil, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Jojoba Esters, Octyldodecyl Olivate, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Oil, Oryzanol, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Tocopherol



Experience: 
I used this little sun screen stick on my body during my weekend outings for the past week-2 weeks. I find that this does swipe quite thickly, however, it blends quite well into the skin. If applied too heavily, it will leave a white cast. I had no issues with sun burn or sun irritation when I wore this and I loved the convenience and size of the stick!



Be Natural Organics Daily Botanical Enzyme Peel

Ingredients:
Aloe barbadensis leaf juice, lactic acid (vegetable-based), aspalathus linearis (rooibos) extract, D-panthenol (pro-vitamin B5), niacinamide (vitamin B3), zingiber officinale (ginger) extract, and calendula officinalis flower extract.

Experience: 
This gentle botanical peel comes in a runny, liquid consistency. This clear liquid felt like applying water to the face. I applied this peel as evenly as possible and let it dry for about 5 minutes before rinsing it off and continuing on with my PM routine. I continued this routine for about a week and did notice that there was a bit more of a glow to my complexion, however, I didn't see a noticeable difference in my blemish scars or complexion's texture. At the same time, I felt that this product did a good job of decongesting my skin and taking away the toxin buildup from my daily exposure to environmental toxins. Lactic acid aids in chemical exfoliation of the skin and rooibos and ginger help detoxify the skin. Calendula helps calm down the skin.


Bonnie Mugwort and Honey Mask

Ingredients:
Uncooked clover honey, rhassoul clay, water, witch hazel distillate, mugwort leaf powder, kaolin clay, Salix nigra (willow) bark extract, bentonite clay, cucumber peel, grapeseed extract, gluconolactone*,sodium benzoate*, petitgrain essential oil, rose geranium essential oil, palmarosa essential oil, ylang ylang essential oil, tea tree essential oil

Experience: 
This mask came at such a great time for my skin! I've been struggling with random breakouts around my chin after being exposed to dry, desert weather. I've been using this as an all over mask to detoxify and clear my sensitive skin as well as a spot treatment to help my blemishes heal faster since this mask has ghassoul clay , honey, and witch hazel at the top of its ingredients list pull out any buildup in the skin as well as moisturize and treat the blemish itself. My skin has been loving this mask!


HAN Cosmetics Eyeshadow Chocolate Bronze

Ingredients:
Oryza Sativa (Rice) Powder, Argania Spinosa (Argan) Oil, Euterpe Oleracea Fruit (Acai) Oil, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Theobroma Grandiflorum (Cupuacu) Butter, Extract Blend (Acai, Pomegranate, Blueberry, Cranberry, Green Tea, Black Tea), Macrocystis Pyrifera (Sea Kelp) Extract, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Extract, Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Ascorbyl Phosphate (Vitamin C), Caffeine, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Seed Extract, Rosa Gallica Flower Powder (Rose), Argania Spinosa Shell Powder (Argan), Chenopodium Quinoa Extract (Quinoa), Mica, May Contain: Iron Oxides



Experience: 
I am in love with this eyeshadow! I've always wanted to try HAN Cosmetics so I was extremely pleased when I found this in my Goodbeing box! The eyeshadow is an incredibly pigmented ( I'm talking one swipe!) flush of brown/bronze that will be a perfect complement to any summer look! I've been wearing this eyeshadow so often these days and I love how light and compact it is for travel. Personally, I find that this is a great stand alone shadow for nights when you are traveling or sleeping over and just need a trusty wash of color on the lids. The wear time of this is fantastic and I had no issues with it creasing or losing pigment over the course of a 10 hour wear.


Me to We Rafiki Bracelet for Education

Experience: 
These bracelets have been included in my previous Goodbeing boxes, and as always, they aren't really my style. However, I can see this looking great on my friends so I will be gifting this. I love that each bracelet gives the powerful gift of education to a child overseas and fully stand by this cause.


Click HERE to indulge in a Goodbeing Box of your own!

GIVEAWAYS (YES THERE'S TWO!)

I've got an Instagram Giveaway of this month's box going on over on @cleancurator .

I will be choosing two instagram winners,

1) One will receive the April Goodbeing Box 
2) While the other will receive the FULL SIZED Volumizing Shampoo and Conditioner from Juice Organics! 

Check out my Instagram for full details!


Big Love,

Vanessa

3 comments

  1. Great post!
    Loving the eye shadow color as well! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This box is really something-mask,enzyme peel,eyeshadow & bracelet are my favourites :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love this month's box - esp the mask, the sunscreen and that eye shadow! It looks really nice on you :)

    ReplyDelete