Initial Impressions: 100% Pure Mattifying Primer w/ Vitamins &Antioxidants


I've been in an almost exclusive relationship with 100% Pure lately!  I'm attributing it to their recent friends & family sale(which I gladly participated in) and their heavy hitter releases.  Before I start, I really feel the need to post out that I've never been a primer kind of girl.  I tried Benefit's Porefessional years ago and have shuddered in fear of all primers ever since the great Breakout Wars of 2013.  I've related primers to a feeling of suffocation on the skin ever since that time.  I did, however, decide to take a chance and test out the new mattifying primer from 100% Pure ever since I read rave reviews on it from happy customers who posted their hauls on Instagram.  I'm truly, truly glad I did because it has upped my makeup game immensely especially in the heat of the summer.






Consistency: This primer does actually feel quite like silicone once it has spread across the skin.  This is apparently due to the inclusion of seaweed collagen in the ingredients.  While I had an issue with this texture in the past, the 100% Pure Mattifying Primer really does a great job of setting matte and giving the feeling of having nothing on the skin.  It spreads so smoothly, thus I don't need a lot of product to cover my entire face(which, in my opinion, gives it great product value). The primer smells amazing as well, although I am uncertain what I can attribute the amazing smell to. Supposedly, the collagen is meant to help fill in fine lines due to its silky texture, but I do not have many lines to report on at the moment.  The bottom line is that it spreads like a dream and sets to a comfortable, matte finish.

I've included the ingredients below for your consideration.

Aloe Barbadensis (Organic Aloe) Leaf Juice*, Glycerin (Vegetable Glycerin)*, Olive Oil Squalane, Seaweed Collagen, Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Euphorbia Cerifera Cera (Candelilla Wax) Camellia Sinensis (Organic Green Tea) Leaf Extract*, Silica, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Starch, Eucalyptus Globulus (Eucalyptus) Extract, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Extract, Oregano Extract, Thyme Extract, Lonicera Caprifolium Flower and Lonicera Japonica (Honeysuckle) Flower Extract, Seaweed Collagen (as mentioned on the front) *Certified Organic

Experience: This product has single-handedly restored my faith in primers! I usually wear a mixture of 100% Pure's Fruit Pigmented Foundation with their Tinted Moisturizer on a daily basis and set it with either 100% Pure's Fruit Pigmented Foundation Powder or Alima Pure Satin Matte Foundation Powder.  By the time I finish my 10-12 hour day, my makeup still looks fine with no separation but my T-zone and my cheeks are considerably shiny with oil.  I have since started applying the Mattifying Primer before my foundation and it has kept me matte for my usual 10-12 hour day.  On top of that, I have also tried wearing the Mattifying Primer alone without any makeup to test its general ability to keep oil at bay.  It works just as well alone as when applied with foundation and powder.  Gone are the days when I had to re-powder or blot my face throughout the day!

I am back in love with primers and couldn't be happier.  Thank you, 100% Pure! 
The Mattifying Primer with Vitamins and Antioxidants can be found HERE!

Have you tried any amazing primers recently? I'd love to hear your personal experience with primers, especially if you've tried this one!  100% Pure had been hitting it out of the ballpark lately and I'm thoroughly loving it! 

Big love,

Vanessa 

1 comment

  1. I also really like this primer! Does have that "mainstream" primer feel that I like.

    ReplyDelete