Tested: Root Pretty Cassandra Blush, Dolce Eyeshadow, Tan Rose Eyeshadow


Root Pretty has been a brand that I've wanted to try for a long while! I've never gotten to it because of my ever expanding makeup collection being a bit overwhelming! I was so excited when Terrin from Root Pretty contacted me a few weeks ago to see if I was interested in testing out some of their products. Obviously, I jumped on the chance and went ahead with the testing of my two current obsessions, their pressed powder blush in Cassandra and pressed eyeshadow in Dolce. There is a rarity in pressed powder blushes in the green beauty world( much to my chagrin), so I was very excited about these discoveries. I also love how eco-friendly they are by avoiding bulky packaging and just presenting the item in pans to fit into a z-palette or any other palette. I've been reaching for the Cassandra Blush every day and the Dolce eyeshadow for special occasions. Read on to find out why these pressed options are my new favorites! 



Ingredients:
 Mica, Kaolin, Titanium Dioxide, Zinc Oxide, Magnesium Carbonate, Zinc Stearate, Jojoba Oil Esters, Tocopherol (Vitamin E from Non-GMO soy), Palm Oil Esters • May Contain: Iron Oxides, Ultramarines, Tin Oxide, Cornstarch (Non-GMO)


Experience:
This blush was love at first swipe. This is a matte, dusty rose that can pull darker if you layer it on those with fair skin. I've been really addicted to my Tarte Exposed in the past but I wanted another option in case I was tired of sporting Exposed everyday. This was the answer to my thoughts! I love how subtle it can be with the color acting as a perfect complement to any of my lip/eye looks.  I usually do about two swipes per cheek of this product and pair it with any of my lipsticks whether it be bold or nude due to the versatility of the color.  It is neutral when pared down but can be built up to a beautiful rosy-berry shade.  I did find that there was a bit of a kick-up when I used this blush but it wasn't too big of an issue for me and it didn't cause a huge mess.  I have worn this blush everyday for the past week and have found that the color does last, even on my days outside in downtown LA all day.  I've worn it for over 10 hours and I still see it on my cheeks at the end of the day (though I wouldn't suggest wearing makeup for that long normally).



Ingredients:
Mica, Tocopherol (Vitamin E)
may contain • Organic Rice Powder, Silica,  Magnesium Stearate, Organic Grape Seed Oil, Organic Oregano Leaf Extract, Organic Thyme Extract, Organic Olive Leaf Extract, Organic Rosemary Leaf Extract, Organic Lavender Flower Extract, Organic Goldenseal Root Extract, Organic Jojoba Oil, Titanium Dioxide, Kaolin, Titanium Dioxide, Zinc Oxide, Magnesium Carbonate, Zinc Stearate, Jojoba Oil Esters, Palm Oil Esters, Iron Oxides, Ultramarines, Tin Oxide & Cornstarch
2.5grams


Experience: 
This eyeshadow was actually a pleasant surprise.  I had expected this to be a very warm shade of brown, but it pulls more burgundy-brown on my skin.  I almost see a hint of plum on the days that I am wearing this eyeshadow.  I personally love plummy eyeshadow shades so I had absolutely no problem with that.  This shadow is extremely pigmented and I only need to tap my eyeshadow brush on the pan to get a load of color across my lid.  I love that this color is as matte as the Cassandra blush.  It is a bit rare to find matte, pressed options in the green beauty world so I'm so happy that Root Pretty fills that void!  I did not experience any creasing when I wore this eyeshadow for about 6 hours and I was very impressed with its pigmentation during the entirety of that time!


L-R: Root Pretty's Tan Rose eyeshadow, Cassandra Blush, Dolce eyeshadow

I was also given a sample of Root Pretty's loose eyeshadow in Tan Rose. 


Ingredients:
Mica, Iron Oxide, Titanium Dioxide
1.75grams



Experience:
I didn't get to play around as much with this color as the rest, but this did quickly become a favorite in my makeup arsenal.  I love that I can apply this wet or dry, since applying it wet gives my eyes that editorial, wet,  champagne glow while applying it dry gives my eyelids a huge impact of shimmer.  I'm usually the type of person who avoids shimmery eyeshadows, but this champagne rose shade is just too beautiful to pass up.  I like to dab it on the centers of my eyelids as a finishing touch to my eye look.  

Final Thoughts:
I absolutely loved trying Root Pretty and I'm even considering getting a Z-Palette just so that I'll have a more convenient way of carrying my blushes/ eyeshadows in the future!  I've been eyeing their Sweetheart pressed blush for the Spring and Summer time.  I'm also very curious about their lipsticks! Have you ever tried Root Pretty?  Let me know which products you've loved in the comments below!

Big Love,

Vanessa

Disclaimer: 
I was kindly gifted these products from Root Pretty. As always, my opinions are all my own and I only post about products and stores that I truly enjoy and actually shop with! 

1 comment

  1. Thank you for sharing so much details about it, I will look for it and try this out but after consultation of my skin doctor. As one should never take such things without proper consultation

    ReplyDelete