Collectively Curated: Red Apple Lipsticks ( Audrey, Vogue, Maven Mauve, Gypsy Soul, Naughty, Rallye Balm )


Anyone who happens to see my Instagram will know that I'm very particular to lipsticks.  I'm definitely a mascara and lipstick kind of girl, but, there are only so many mascaras you can own at once!  With lipsticks, I'm able to explore a different world of possibilities every day and that is what I love so much about them.  I've tried many a high end lipstick brand back in the day, but I've never come across a formula quite as nourishing as Red Apple Lipstick's formula.  After I bought two lipsticks (Audrey and Gypsy Soul) during their buy-two-for-the-price-of-one sale, I decided to sign up for their blogger program and was generously sent two more.  I've tried various formulations from them due to this, and let me just say, the hype around Red Apple Lipstick is real.




Audrey

Consistency: Oh Audrey, where do I start?  Audrey has a moisturizing, glossy formulation that smooths over any cracks or dry flakes on your lips for smooth perfection.  It fades beautifully throughout the day and never leaves any awkward lines on my lips during the fade.  It is a beautiful neutral pink that would suit just about anybody.

Experience:  I found that I reached for Audrey more than any other lipstick for my everyday purposes.  Audrey miraculously brightened up my complexion whenever I needed a pick-me-up and it worked even on my dry, winter lips.  Audrey is my favorite out of all of the RAL lipsticks I've tried and, considering it is a top seller, I can imagine that is a general consensus.


Vogue

Consistency:  Vogue has the same formulation as Audrey and is definitely my second favorite of the lipsticks I own.  Can you tell that I absolutely love the Summer Passion formulation from RAL?
I'm a sucker for a good berry lip, so I love that Vogue is a neutral berry color.  I believe that Vogue would work on any skin tone as well.  Vogue also wears beautifully and does not accentuate any flaky lips or leave any residual lines after fading.

Experience:  I love Vogue for these fall to winter days since it is like a darker, everyday lip for me.  Again, I never had issues with this fading into my lip lines and I find that this actually makes my lips look fuller and better after application as the moisturizing formula really helps with any lip issues.

Ingredients:
LIPSTICKS – SUMMER PASSION LINE. - Sunkissed, Berry Blast, Petal Pusher, Boys N Berries, Paris, Audrey, Vogue
Ricinus Communis, Ozokerite, Caprylic/Capric Triglycerides, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Synthetic Bees Wax, Olive (Olea Europea) Oil, Theobroma Grandiflorum (Cupuacu) Seed Butter, Tocopheryl Acetate from an all natural non gluten source, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Aloe Barbadensis leaf Extract, may contain Titanium Dioxide, Mica, Iron Oxides


Maven Mauve

Consistency: Maven Mauve reminds me of a cooler Audrey.  It is definitely less glossy (yet just as moisturizing) than Audrey.  This was, again, just as forgiving on cracked lips as the other lipsticks.  This is described as a mix of dusty rose and mauve.

Experience: I reached for this on the days when I wanted a great alternative to Audrey.  Maven Mauve is. in my opinion, a perfect everyday shade for those who find that Audrey is too glossy for them or for those who prefer cooler toned pinks for their lips.

Ingredients:
LIPSTICKS INSTANT COLOR FORMULA – Unpinkable, Petal To The Metal, Coral Crush, Hibiskiss, Oh My Guava, Push Pop, Sweet Pea, Fierce, Barcelona, Reddish Fettish, Swoon, Ravishing, Cranberry Magic, Mix & Mingle, Pinkle Twinkle, Firefly, Brazilliant, Sweet Coraline, Petal Rebel, Mayberry, Maven Mauve, Kiss On The Chic
Helianthus Annus - 100% pure organic cold pressed, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Butyrospermum Parkii, Synthetic Beeswax, All Natural Gluten Free - Soy Free - Corn Free Vitamin E Tocopheryl Acetate, May Contain: Titanium Dioxide ,Manganese Violet, Mica, Iron Oxide.

Consistency:  Gypsy Soul is an intense brownish, brick red. I find that the formulation for Gypsy Soul is drier than that of the other lipsticks I own from RAL.  This shade does not wear as beautifully as the other lipsticks.  I find that that may be because of the darker tone of the lipstick, or the fact that it is drier.  

Experience:  I absolutely love wearing Gypsy Soul due to its dramatic brick red tone.  However, I had issues with this lipstick settling into some drier cracks on my lips and fading to accentuate those cracks.  Other than that, I love to reach for this shade during the days when I'm feeling extra daring.  I didn't have any issues with this shade bleeding into the outer corners of my lips.  I have somehow remedied this drier formulation by always applying lip balm before application.  This way, I have less dry patches or cracks to accentuate and I can still have the beautiful shade that is Gypsy Soul.

Ingredients:
LIPSTICKS SATIN FORMULA – Hollypeno, Manhattan, Ooh La La, Gypsy Soul, Back To The Fuchsia, Wine & Dandy
Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Citrus Aurantium (Orange Oil), Cymbopogon Citratus (Lemongrass) Oil, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil, Zinc Stearate, Titanium Dioxide, Mica, Iron Oxides


Consistency:  Naughty is a great pinky-nude color.  Naughty's formulation is definitely drier than that of Vogue and Audrey, however, it is more moisturizing than Gypsy Soul on my lips.  Naughty fades quite well, which is not too difficult considering it is a nude shade.  

Experience: I'm not usually one for nude shades as I find that they wash out my light complexion.  I tried this shade, and while I still find that the other shades from RAL look much more flattering on me, this pinky nude didn't wash me out as horribly as some other nude lipsticks I've tried.  I believe that this is because it is a red-based nude.  I am excited to wear this more often with a more dramatic eye look a la Ashley so that I may step out of my comfort zone.  Thanks to this lipstick, I just might be able to pull it off!

Ingredients:
LIPSTICKS - X-SERIES. - Risqué!, Twist 'N Pout, Beachside, Firecracker, New York, Rebel, Drama, Naughty
Ricinus Communis, Citric Acid, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Silica, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Copercnicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Gluten Free Tocopheryl Acetate, May Contain Titanium Dioxide CI 77891,Mica CI 77019, Manganese Violet CI 77742, Iron Oxides CI 77489, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499

Rallye Balm

Consistency:  This is a waxy, balm of a lip moisturizer.  I find that Rallye has an amazing ability to moisturize and maintain moisture in the lips much like the lipsticks from RAL.

Experience:  I loved testing out the sample and I can definitely see myself wearing this lip balm on the daily for its amazing moisturizing abilities.  This does feel a bit heavy on the lips, however, and I find that it is a bit expensive for a lip balm.

L-R Clockwise: Naughty, Audrey, Maven Mauve, Gypsy Soul

Ingredients:
Rallye Balm
(net wt. .16 oz/4.5g)
Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Vitamin E from a natural and gluten free source, Aloe Barbadensis 
BONUS SAMPLE SWATCHES:
L-R Clockwise: Mayberry, Berry Blast, Pinkle Twinkle, Beachside (the ingredient of each are listed above)

Mayberry

Consistency: This is a dusty, berry rose that is creamy but not glossy in formulation.

Experience: I really enjoyed this color on me and loved the creamy formulation, but may hold off on purchasing because I already have Audrey and Vogue!  This is definitely along the lines of the rosy, berry colors I usually gravitate towards.

Berry Blast

Consistency: This is, as the name suggests, a berry color with noticeable glitter and a shiny finish.  I found that this settled into the cracks on my lips.

Experience:  I love the overall shade of the product, however, it settled into the cracks on my lips and I'm not a huge fan of glitter in lipsticks!  The formulation is a great moisturizing glossy finish.

Pinkle Twinkle (unfortunately, I could not find a link on the site)

Consistency: Pinkle Twinkle is a creamy, lavender toned lipstick that is cooler in tone than all of my other RAL lipsticks.

Experience:  While this lipstick wore well and did not accentuate my cracks too much, I am really not a huge fan of the color on my skin tone.  Others may prefer this shade and since this was a random lipstick sample, I find no fault in the lipstick itself.

Beachside

Consistency: This is a creamy tan-nude that wears well on the lips. I find that this sample was a peachier nude compared to the full-sized Naughty I own.

Experience:  I actually quite like this nude color from the sample and truly hope that this is accurate to the full-sized bullet!  I find that this nude wears quite peachy on me and would be a perfect addition to a dramatic or smokey eye.  I also find that this is as moisturizing as Naughty (and I am not surprised considering they are the same formulation).

Do you like live swatches?  I do!  I've included the Periscope that I did for live Red Apple Lipstick swatches below:


Customer Service:

I actually sent Red Apple Lipstick an email originally regarding the cap on the Gypsy Soul that I had ordered.  The cap had a smudge on the logo and the lipstick had a white streak down the middle of the bullet(I'd assume this was just the moisturizing component in the formula that didn't blend well).  I had not heard back yet, however, I signed up for the Blogger Program around that time and Ashley noticed the email and kindly sent me a replacement Gypsy Soul.  I was allowed to keep the old lipstick as well.

Also, I had requested to be sent Naughty as one of the items from the Blogger Program.  However, the shade of the full-sized Naughty that I received in the mail was lighter than that of the small sample I had tested out.  I sent Ashley a quick email regarding the matter and she explained that perhaps there had been more red pigment in the sample and it may also have been due to the mineral colors changing. Regardless, she immediately offered to send me a new lipstick to test out since I informed her that very nude lipsticks were not exactly my thing.  This is how Vogue was sent to me and I am so grateful to how accommodating Ashley was because, if not, I would have never discovered my second favorite RAL lipstick!

You can find the rest of RAL's stellar lipstick collection HERE

You can interact with them on their platforms below:
Facebook
Twitter
Pinterest
Instagram

Disclaimer:  I have been generously sent some of these products but all opinions in this review are completely my own.  If I do not like a product that I am generously sent, I do not write reviews on the products.

4 comments

  1. Vanessa, you are even cuter on camera than you are on photos!!< Loved the video and the lipsticks :) Now I have to watch your other video :D xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jana, you are always so sweet! Your comment made my day( as always). Yes, please do! I'll be doing another lipstick post next week but you can get a sneak peak of that in my other video!
      Big Love!

      Delete
  2. "I had issues with this lipstick settling into some drier cracks on my lips and fading to accentuate those cracks." This is how I feel about Wine and Dandy. It even seemed to crawl outside my lipline. I'm happy I read your reviews because I have many samples to try and I bet the formulations are better than the darker ones! So excited because I was super disappointed and since it was my first purchase, I didn't get the hype. But tomorrow, I'm going to try out Audrey and see if I understand the hype then! Thanks so much for these reviews and even the video! You're so cute and soft-spoken! ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kiki, you're always so sweet! Yes, Gypsy Soul is such a beautiful, deep color but I find that I always had to make sure there were no cracks! Audrey is truly, absolutely the most flattering, beautiful pink there ever was! It is also so moisturizing. It gets rid of any cracks or dry lip issues I have!

      Delete