Living Libations True Blue Spirulina Shampoo, Zippity Dew Dab, Laurel Oracle, Green Papaya & Lime AHA Mask


Living Libations has been on my radar for a very long time now!  I was ecstatic to finally visit their Venice Beach location with Melissa from Guide to Wellness a while back.  The space is absolutely stunning and customers are given a very personal, calming consultation session with every visit!  I did a bit of damage (to my wallet) that day, but I've got no regrets with how well these high quality products truly work.  I plan on repurchasing almost all of the items I bought( but probably at a much later date due to the cost)! I tried everything from their haircare to their skincare and I've got all my comprehensive thoughts below!



The Venice store was absolutely gorgeous with a clean and calm aesthetic. I'm sure this has been mentioned before, but I actually used to dislike their packaging as I thought it to be very 90s and quite basic.  Upon seeing their packaging in person, I felt that it came off as having a very clean, minimal look that didn't look as "retro" as it did when I saw them through some pictures.

True Blue Spiraling Shampoo

Ingredients:
From here on out, please check their website through the links I've provided for a comprehensive breakdown of each and every ingredient in their products in the Ingredients tab on each product page.


Experience:
I absolutely loved this shampoo for its cleansing qualities. However, at $26 a pop, I only used this sparingly on days when i felt that my scalp needed a cleansing detox.  I used this about once or twice a week and only on my scalp.  While I did not pair it with the matching conditioner, I did use it alone several times without any conditioner on top and I can attest to its cleansing abilities being top notch. I found that this keep my hair feeling clean and lightweight longer than some other shampoos that I have used before.  I didn't feel that there was a significant enough improvement to the hair to justify the price point, however, so I will not be repurchasing this.

Green Papaya & Lime AHA Mask

Experience:
I'm currently on a resurfacing and exfoliating mask kick as of late.  This one caught my eye at the Venice store due to its claims of exfoliating and moisturizing all the while being gentle and not stripping the skin.  This mask is made of fruit-derived Alpha Hydroxy Acids which gently exfoliate the skin.  I definitely found this to be one of the gentlest masks I've ever used to exfoliate the skin.  I was able to consistently use this for about once to twice a week for the past few months and I can say that my skin texture has definitely become smoother in the process.  I have yet to attest to any significant lightening of my scars though.  I did purchase this item partly because of some claims from prior customers that I viewed online mentioning that this mask had helped them with their hyper pigmentation, however, I haven't experienced drastic improvement in that department just yet.


Laurel Oracle

Experience:
Ah, Laurel Oracle! This is a purchase that I never foresaw before meeting Melissa.  This is one of the first things she showed me from her own Living Libations haul prior to the time we visited the Venice store together.  This is an anointment oil that is an essential oil blend with the purpose of improving meditation, creative focus, dreaming, and yoga.  I find that I get the best results from this oil when applying it in between the brows, on my temples, and right behind my masseter.  This is an instant pick-me-up for me in terms of mental clarity and calming. I always keep this at my desk on days when I come home from a very tiring schedule of clinic and school.  This helps me relax, calm down, and focus on any tasks at hand.  I'd definitely repurchase this but I only need a few drops so this has been lasting me for quite a while!  I won't need to go and pick up another for a long time!

Zippy Dew Dab

Experience:
This is the number one product that I was curious about from Living Libations! As someone who suffers from hormonal acne, I was very curious about this product after seeing so many green beauty bloggers rave about it.  At this point, I've found some great natural products that work to combat my acne but none that wowed me to the point of a repurchase.  This is the very best acne spot treatment that I've ever used to date.  I can say that confidently.  This has many amazing ingredients that help combat and calm acne such as Niaouli, Immortelle, and Blue Tansy.  When I feel a pimple start to form, I immediately dab a bit of this on the area. Usually, this already stops the pimple from forming into anything larger by the next morning.  This is especially effective at eradicating those larger, painful acne spots that take many days to calm down.  I am able to apply this onto those larger acne spots and see an improvement in size by the second day with the acne going almost completely down by the third day.  This is quite a pricey product at 5 ml for $30 but I've been going through this so quickly that I may just have to repurchase this before all the other products!   I am obsessed!

Have you tried Living Libations yet?  Which are your favorite products?

My favorite was definitely the Zippity Dew Dab and that is the product I will be repurchasing once it runs out!


Big Love,

Vanessa


No comments