Tested: Noyah Cosmetics Lipsticks (Hazelnut Cream, Deeply in Mauve) &Lip Gloss ( Malbec , Summertime Peach )


The lipstick kick I've been on recently has driven me to venture out to discover new brands.  I noticed Noyah Cosmetics on Instagram with their interesting bamboo packaging.  The flowers on the packaging reminded me of the sakura flowers from Japan.  Intrigue set in and I decided to see if the formulation and performance of their products were as unique as their packaging.  I was hesitant to judge a book by its cover, but thank goodness I did.  Noyah Cosmetics hits it out of the park with pigmentation, packaging, and performance.





Lipstick

Deeply in Mauve


Consistency:  This is a creamy, semi-matte deep mauve/berry lipstick that delivers full pigment with a single pass.  I could easily build up the intensity and opaqueness of the lipstick.

Ingredients:
Ricinus Communis (Castor) Oil, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Candelilla Wax, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Butter, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Seed Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Cocos Nucifera (and) Eupatorium Rebaudianum Bertoni Leaf Extract. [May Contain +/-: Titanium Dioxide (CL-77891), Iron Oxides (CI-7491, CI-77492,CI-77499), Mica.]

Experience: I found that this was an amazing matte formula that was creamy and non-drying.  This did occasionally settle into any deep cracks on my lips on the days when my lips were extremely dehydrated.  However, I encountered no further issues with the lipstick.  This is a gorgeous color that is suitable for the fall or any time that you'd choose to wear it.  This has been my staple night-out shade and I haven't had any major issues with it leaving any lipstick stain marks on my teeth other than a small dot here and there if I had applied too much product.  I also love the beautiful berry stain that this lipstick leaves on my lips after it wears off.  There are no awkward lipless that can be found with the stain.

Hazelnut Cream



Consistency: This is also a creamy, semi-matte formulation with a bit of sheen from the small glitter particles in the lipstick bullet.  It shows as a nude on the website swatches of the product, however, it pulls extremely peachy coral on my lips and that is how I would classify the color instead of a "my lips but better" shade.  This lipstick also had intense color albeit it was not as intense as Deeply in Mauve due to the shade difference.

Ingredients:
Ricinus Communis (Castor) Oil, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Candelilla Wax, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Butter, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Seed Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Cocos Nucifera (and) Eupatorium Rebaudianum Bertoni Leaf Extract. [May Contain +/-: Titanium Dioxide (CL-77891), Iron Oxides (CI-7491, CI-77492,CI-77499), Mica.]

Experience: I enjoyed wearing this shade on the days when I wanted a brighter pop of color on my face.  I find that this shade was absolutely not the same as shown on the website picture for the product and I cannot see this color as close to any natural lip shade.  The wearability of this shade is fine and it did not settle into any of my dry cracks.  When worn, this has a sheen to its finish.

Lip Gloss

Summertime Peach


Consistency: Noyah lip glosses are quite heavy right out of the tube.  They are opaque for glosses, much like their lipstick counterparts.  I found that the glosses were a bit sticky in texture.  They are very nourishing and moisturizing on the lips.

Ingredients:
Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Oil, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa Butter), Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Seed Extract, Cocos Nucifera (and) Eupatorium Rebaudianum Bertoni Leaf Extract, Vanilla Fragrance. [May Contain +/-: Titanium Dioxide (CI-77891), Iron Oxides (CI-77491, CI-77492, Cl-77499), Turmeric Powder, Kaolin, Mica.]

Experience:  I reached for this gloss on the days when I wanted to tone down any lipstick I was wearing or for when my eye makeup is slightly more dramatic.  I find that this pairs well with nude lipsticks such as Naughty from Red Apple Lipstick.  I assumed that the color would be a bit darker as shown by the swatches online, however, this came out to be more of  a light, creamy peach color.  I could easily build up the color, however, it made the  product feel too heavy on the lips.  The sticky and heavy sensation on the lips did subside within 30 minutes of wear.  The product felt less heavy on the lips and a lot more comfortable with less stickiness.

Malbec


Consistency: This gloss has the exact same formulation as the Summertime Peach gloss but instead with a berry color.

Ingredients:
Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Oil, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa Butter), Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Seed Extract, Cocos Nucifera (and) Eupatorium Rebaudianum Bertoni Leaf Extract, Vanilla Fragrance. [May Contain +/-: Titanium Dioxide (CI-77891), Iron Oxides (CI-77491, CI-77492, Cl-77499), Turmeric Powder, Kaolin, Mica.]

Experience: This was one of my favorite picks from the collection other than the Deeply in Mauve lipstick.  This may seem to be an intimidating bright, berry hue but it actually translates to a very wearable berry tint on the lips.  I reached for this shade when I wanted something to brighten up my complexion and pull my look together with a finishing "fall-inspired" touch.  Again, the stickiness and heaviness of the lipstick was much better after about half an hour and I found that the texture of the product didn't bother me at all after that point.

L-R Clockwise: Noyah Summertime Peach lipstick, Noyah Deeply in Mauve lipstick, Noyah Summertime Peach lip gloss, Noyah Malbec lip gloss

Live Application: @thecleancurator on Periscope

Extra Thoughts:

As I had mentioned previously, I found that some of the shades shown on the website as the only product pictures available were not accurate to the true tone of the lipsticks I had received.  I find that this issue is quite frustrating because the majority of green beauty products that I(and I assume many others) purchase are through online retailers.  It is extremely important to have an accurate product picture since that is the only point of reference we, as consumers, have of what the product will look like.  I'd suggest for the pictures on the website to be updated to more accurate color tones so that future costumers do not become confused and both the store and customer do not have to go through the hassle of returning/shipping products back and forth.

This was my only issue with the lipsticks.  Otherwise, these lipsticks wore extremely well throughout the day and I'm extremely impressed with their formulation.  I was generously sent these by Noyah but at $18(lipstick) and $16 (lip gloss) a pop, I find that these lip products are extremely reasonably priced per their performance.

Big Love,

Vanessa

Disclaimer:  I have been generously sent these products but all opinions in this review are completely my own.  Noyah did not ask for a review of their products. If I do not like a product that I am sent, I do not write reviews on the products.

No comments