Tested: 100% Pure Sugar Plummed (Truffle Lip Caramel, Moonstone Gemmed Lip Gloss, Kiss Nail Polish, Midsummer Nights Dream Nail Polish)


If you've followed my content for a while, you'll know that I love my neutrals.  Neutrals are my comfort zone and I have a hard time letting them go to reach the borders of color.  Given that Valentine's is just around the corner, I thought it'd be a good idea to really push that color fear to the side.  My decision was made when 100% Pure came out with their new liquid lipsticks (Lip Caramels) and Gemmed Lip Glosses.  Although I'm not a fan of brights or too much glitter, I decided to go ahead and test out the Sugar Plummed gift set from 100% Pure since it was such a great deal and it contained the exact colors I wanted in both the Lip Caramel and Gemmed Lip Gloss.  The Lip Caramels were marketed to have a great formula and the Gemmed Lip Glosses contain different gemstones in them (with each being named after one of the gemstones). Let's just say I should step out of my boundaries a bit more often.




Sugar Plummed Gift Set

L-R: 100% Pure Lip Caramel (Truffle), 100% Pure Gemmed Lip Gloss (Moonstone)

Lip Caramel (Truffle)

Experience: 
I absolutely loved this dark nude/mauve liquid lipstick.  It applies opaque and does not feel heavy on the lips nor does it settle into fine lines.  It gives the lips a glossy, plumped up look. The smell is extremely sweet, reminiscent of sweet candy.  I don't exactly prefer the scent, but I do love the product overall.  I enjoy applying a thin layer of this color on my bottom lip, then rubbing my lips together to achieve a quick and even layer of product.  I made the initial mistake of applying too much product on my first go-around with the applicator and it left my teeth ridden with lipstick remnants (not cute, not cute at all).  On that note, I had to be very careful about getting the liquid lipstick on my teeth and found that I needed to do a quick blot before heading out the door.  This lasts for a good 2-3 hours without eating before it fades into a nice bright mauve color.   My only pet peeve about the product is that it is easily wiped away after eating or drinking.  Although it does leave a beautiful stain behind, it can be cumbersome to keep applying product throughout the day.

Ingredients:
Achiote Seed, Punica Granatum (Pomegranate) Seed Oil, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Butter, Pigments / Extracts Of Red Prunus Cerasas (Cherry), Rubus Idaeus Fruit (Raspberry), Vitis Vinifera Fruit, (Cabernet Grapes), Punica Granatum (Pomegranate), Vaccinium Angustifolium (Blueberry), Rubus Fruticosus Fruit (Blackberry), Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Skin, Prunus Persica Fruit (Peach), Nigrum (Blackcurrant), Vaccinium Myrtillus (Bilberry), Apricot, Turmeric And Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa), Hippophae Rhamnoides (Sea Buckthorn) Oil, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Vegetable Glycerin, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary), Origanum Vulgare (Oregano), Thymus Vulgaris Flower/leaf (Thyme), Natural Flavors, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Starch


Gemmed Lip Gloss

Experience:  
This lip gloss is much heavier in consistency than the Lip Caramels.  It has micro-shimmers in the gloss but that does not come off noticeable upon application.  This smells of sweet fruit but in an overwhelming manner.  Again, not a fan of the heavy scent but we'll power through the rest of this review.  I'm not a huge fan of the pink, shimmery packaging but I did enjoy the product inside.  This lip gloss gives your lips a beautiful rosy pink sheen and a natural plumping effect.  Honestly, it was not as comfortable to wear as the Lip Caramels but I have to give it props for the beautiful sheen that it gave my lips.  I'll definitely be using this many times.  This lasted a lot longer than the Lip Caramels during my day and even throughout eating and drinking.  Thumbs up!  Who knew I'd enjoy a gloss with glitter packaged in a shimmery pink tube? I credit Ashley of Green Bunny Blog for getting me into glosses!

Ingredients:
Vegetable Glycerin, Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Pigments / Extracts Of Vaccinium Myrtillus (Bilberry), Punica Granatum (Pomegranate), Wine (Red Wine) Lees, Vaccinium Macrocarpon Fruit (Cranberry), Rubus Fruticosus Fruit (Blackberry), Prunus Persica Fruit (Peach), Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa), Rubus Occidentalis (Black Raspberry), Aronia Melanocarpa (Chokeberry), Prunus Cerasas (Cherry), Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa Bean) and Vaccinium Angustifolium (Blueberry) Skin, Granatum (Pomegranate) Seed Oil, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary), Origanum Vulgare (Oregano), Thymus Vulgaris Flower/leaf (Thyme), Natural Flavors, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Starch, Labradorite (Natural Mineral Stone), Moonstone (Natural Mineral Stone), Australian Opal (Natural Mineral Stone), Pyrite (Natural Mineral Stone), Sunstone (Natural Mineral Stone), May Contain Mica


Nail Polish 

Kiss
Experience:  This is a bright pink color that screams summer and beaches.  I was so afraid to wear this color because it is the exact opposite of my general aesthetic.  I did trudge through and I found that this is a beautiful shade for days when I'm feeling chic with an all black ensemble.  It gives my outfit a bright pop of color.  I find that this nail polish doesn't last too long without chipping, but this is fixed by my AILA Better than Gel Top Coat.

Midsummer Night's Dream
Experience:  This is a glittery, blue shade that I like to layer on top of my darker nail polishes.  I enjoy using this over one of my nails while the rest are solid colors.  This would be great for anyone who likes a nice surprise on their nails, but especially for those who like to rock darker nail colors. This took a while to dry but once it set, I had no problems with it.  This also did not last extremely long(>1 week) without chipping but I also used AILA's Better than Gel Top Coat to elongate the time.

All of 100% Pure's Nail Polishes are 10-free! Free of formaldehyde, toluene, DBP, camphor, formaldehyde resin, xylene, parabens, fragrances, phthalates, and animal ingredients.

Ingredients:
Butyl Acetate, Ethyl Acetate, Nitrocellulose, Adipic Acid/Neopentyl Glycol/Trimellitic Anhydride Copolymer, Acetyl Tributyl Citrate, Isopropyl Alcohol, Styrene/acrylates Copolymer, Stearalkonium Bentonite, N-butyl Alcohol, Benzophenone-1, Silica, Alumina, Trimethylpentanediyl Dibenzoate, Polyvinyl Butyral May Contain: Aluminum Powder, Bismuth Oxychloride, Oxides, Red 34 Lake, Red 6 Lake, Red 7 Lake, Yellow 5 Lake, Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide, Mica, Blue 1, Yellow 11, Titanium Dioxide, Violet 2, Polyethylene Terephthalate, Polybutylene Terephthalate, Ethylene/Va Copolymer

L-R: 100% Pure Nail Polish (Midsummer Night's Dream, Kiss)

What are your favorite Lip heavy hitters as of late?  

Cheers to a healthy and happy week for you and yours!

Big Love,

Vanessa

1 comment


  1. Great thoughts you got there, believe I may possibly try just some of it throughout my daily life.

    Lip Gloss Palette

    ReplyDelete