Honest Haircare ( Volumizing Spray, Heat Defense Spray, Recovery Masque, Condition + Shine Serum)


The Honest Beauty lineup has been expanding drastically in the past few months and I couldn't be more ecstatic about this change. I have had the pleasure of testing out many of their styling products.  The bottom line of my experience is that there were several hits and misses.  I believe that there are very strong items in their lineup as well as a few weak misses that may have had to do with my particular hair type( so I am not saying that my own misses will be everyone's misses).  Hair is such an individualistic part of each person that I find it difficult to just  place a black and white label on what products are effective and which are not.  Read on to discover the new Honest Beauty Hair range with me!

Misses:


Ingredients:
Water (Aqua), Pisum Sativum (Pea) Peptide, Shellac, Leuconostoc/Radish Root Ferment Filtrate, Wheat Amino Acids, Silk Amino Acids, Niacinamide, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Oil, Tocotrienols, Tocopherol, Aphanizomenon Flos-Aquae Extract, Glycerin, Panthenol, Arginine, Hydroxypropyltrimonium Hydrolyzed Corn Starch, Hydrogenated Starch Hydrolysate, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Peel Oil, Citrus Nobilis (Mandarin Orange) Peel Oil, Commiphora Myrrha Oil, Citrus Limon (Lemon) Peel Oil, Citrus Aurantium Bergamia (Bergamot) Fruit Oil, Amyris Balsamifera Bark Oil, Pogostemon Cablin Oil, Vanillin, Citral, Citric Acid, Sodium Citrate, Alcohol Denat., Aminomethyl Propanol, Sodium Hydroxide, Caprylyl Glycol, Caprylhydroxamic Acid, Sorbitan Oleate Decylglucoside Crosspolymer, Linalyl Acetate, Gamma-Nonalactone, Phenethyl Alcohol.

Experience:
I found that the mist didn't do much for my volume and ended up leaving a rough residue on my roots if I accidentally over sprayed.  The smell was a nice coconut/nutty scent that reminded me of beachside vacations so I must give the scent a thumbs up.  However, the product didn't live up to its claims for my hair and I ultimately put it in the misses section because of that fact.  I tested the product in two ways, both of which didn't work perhaps because of the long length of my hair or because I have very thin and fine hair.  I tried to apply this product on my roots while it was still damp from being towel-dried. I then used a blow dryer while positioning my head upside down so that my hair would get a bit of a lifted effect.  The result didn't differ at all from the times when I did the same procedure without adding the product to my routine.  I also sprayed about 3 sprays of this to the roots of my dry hair to see if it would do anything but the results were still the same. 


Ingredients:
Water (Aqua), Alcohol Denat., Polyglyceryl-4 Caprate, Sorbitan Oleate Decylglucoside Crosspolymer, Honey, Laurdimonium Hydroxypropyl Hydrolyzed Barley Protein, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Soy Amino Acids, Wheat Amino Acids, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Hippophae Rhamnoides Fruit Oil, Arginine HCl, Serine, Threonine, Panthenol, Niacinamide, Tocotrienols, Tocopherol, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Glycerin, Ceramide NP, Tocopheryl Acetate, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Oil, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Bambusa Textilis Stem Extract, Laminaria Digitata Extract, Theobroma Grandiflorum Seed Butter, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Sclerocarya Birrea Seed Oil, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Peel Oil, Citrus Aurantium Bergamia (Bergamot) Fruit Oil, Amyris Balsamifera Bark Oil, Pogostemon Cablin Oil, Commiphora Myrrha Oil, Citrus Nobilis (Mandarin Orange) Peel Oil, Citrus Limon (Lemon) Peel Oil, Vanillin, Sodium Phytate, Cocoglucosides Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Gluconolactone, Linalyl Acetate, Phenethyl Alcohol, Sodium Benzoate, Citric Acid, Sodium Chloride, Gamma-Nonalactone, Citral
Experience:
I found that this heat spray smelled amazing just like the other products in Honest's hair range.  However, I didn't see a really drastic or noticeable difference with the way my hair felt or looked after using heat products with the inclusion of this heat defense spray in my routine in comparison to when it was not used in my routine.  I tested this by applying it to towel-dried damp hair and blow drying it.  I didn't notice any drastic differences this way.  I also applied this before using my curling wand and I also didn't see any noticeable changes with this product after using it for a week.  It isn't a horrible product, per say, but I want to keep products that work well and this had to go to my list of misses as well.

Hits:


Ingredients:
Water (Aqua), Cetearyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium Chloride, Cetyl Esters, Cetyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Glycerin, Theobroma Grandiflorum Seed Butter, Hippophae Rhamnoides Oil, Aphanizomenon Flos-Aquae Extract, Wheat Amino Acids, Soy Amino Acids, Arginine HCl, Serine, Threonine, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Tocotrienols, Niacinamide, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Bambusa Vulgaris Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Sodium Hyaluronate, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Oil, Royal Jelly Extract, Panthenol, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Tocopherol, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Peel Oil, Juniperus Virginiana Oil, Pogostemon Cablin Oil, Pogostemon Cablin Leaf Extract, Fusanus Spicatus Wood Oil, Caramel, Vanillin, Citric Acid, Sodium Phytate, Hydrogenated Starch Hydrolysate, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Steapyrium Chloride, Diheptyl Succinate, Capryloyl Glycerin/Sebacic Acid Copolymer, Caprylyl Glycol, Caprylhydroxamic Acid, Sodium PCA, Phytantriol, Triethyl Citrate, Benzaldehyde, Gamma-Nonalactone, Anisaldehyde, Gamma-Decalactone, Linalyl Acetate, Ethyl Butyrate, Maltol, Methyl Phenylacetate, Ethyl Propionate, 3-Hexenol, Acetyl Propionyl

Experience:
This hair masque smells just as amazing as the rest of the line and it truly nourishes the hair without weighing it down.  I tend to use this 2-3 times per week and, while I must admit that it is overdoing it, I just enjoy how it makes my hair much smoother and healthier looking than before.  I only have to apply this to the ends of my hair but I've tested applying this to the crown of my head as well as I've had no issues with any scalp irritations or any oily/heavy sensations.  This masque washes cleanly off after I leave it on for about 10 minutes.  I'd definitely repurchase this product.



Ingredients:
Dodecane, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Hippophae Rhamnoides Oil, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Oil, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Vaccinium Macrocarpon (Cranberry) Seed Oil, Prunus Persica (Peach) Kernel Oil, Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Tocotrienols, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Tocopherol, Caprylyl Glycol, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Peel Oil, Commiphora Myrrha Oil, Vanillin, Citrus Nobilis (Mandarin Orange) Peel Oil, Citrus Limon (Lemon) Peel Oil, Citrus Aurantium Bergamia (Bergamot) Fruit Oil, Pogostemon Cablin Oil, Cymbopogon Schoenanthus Oil, Citral, Amyris Balsamifera Bark Oil, Triethyl Citrate, Linalyl Acetate, Gamma-Nonalactone, Phenethyl Alcohol




Experience:
This product was a surprising hit with my hair! I used this product by distributing about 2-3 drops evenly into the ends of my dried hair and massaging it into the strands.  My hair was noticeably more glossy than before and it didn't leave any ends clumped together.  I also never experienced any weighing down from the product as it truly is very light.  A little goes a long way with this little serum so about 3 drops was really all I needed for my long hair.

If you'd like to test out the new hair range from Honest, you can find all of the products HERE!

Which products are you more interested in and have you found any holy grail items from their new line?

Big love,


Vanessa

1 comment

  1. That is really good and useful information, I haven't tried this brand but will going to try this out now. Thank you for sharing it with us

    ReplyDelete