Love, Pai


As promised, I've come back with a Pai review and I suggest ready-ing your mugs because this is going to be a long one.  I first discovered Pai right before they had their massive Black Friday deal(which, I will forever be grateful for).  Their formulas are some of the cleanest I've ever come across, which makes sense considering their mission is to liberate the struggles of all the people who suffer from sensitive skin issues.  While I don't consider my skin to be particularly sensitive, it IS combination-oily and finding a product that can keep it balanced has been an issue because I would either be left with the dreaded slick face or my dry patches would show by the end of the day.  It is for this reason that I ordered their Balance kit from their Black Friday deal( and as you can tell, I liked it so much I went back for other goodies).  Let's begin.



Pai Rosehip Bioregenerate Oil- I bought this in addition to the kit that I received.  Although, I had combination skin, I still wanted to give oil a go considering all of the rave reviews that it has been getting across the board from the green community.  Unfortunately,  this oil did not help brighten my skin as it had claimed but ended up making my skin appear more dull.  Worse, it also caused me to break out and thus I've resorted to using it on my body where I am less sensitive to it.  It does give a great glow to the rest of the body when I apply it but not so for my face.  It's a real shame considering the oil has worked for many others and the packaging is absolutely gorgeous.

Pai Kukui & Jojoba Bead Skin Brightener- This stuff is amazing.  I usually don't use physical exfoliators as I find them too harsh for my skin leaving it red and angry.  This one does not.  I like to apply it with a bit of water to moisten the thick, gel-like consistency that it comes out as so that the beads can spread easier.  I wash off with warm water and do not usually need a muslin cloth because it does not leave a film on my face.  I noticed a brightening effect by the end of the first week of using this and I love how simple and effective it is.  Some beads do end up on my neck area and I don't notice until afterwards, but this is a small price to pay for the great effect this brightener gives.

Pai Rice Plant & Rosemary BioAffinity Toner- This mist was the first thing that I spritzed on my face after washing.  I say was because I've already finished the entire bottle after a month and a half of daily use.  The nozzle is the best I've ever used, the mist sprays fine and covers a good amount of area.  I noticed that the toner helped in reducing any redness I had after washing and I do highly recommend this product.  However, at $58 for a 50ml spray toner, I will not be repurchasing unless there is another great deal during the next Black Friday.

Pai Geranium & Thistle Rebalancing Day Cream- This is the one I was most skeptical about trying and I am now a complete convert.  I had heard that Pai's moisturizers would be more on the thick side and although this does come out a bit thicker than the gel consistencies I was used to using for my combo skin, it absorbs quickly and moisturizes like a dream.  I've found this especially helpful in the winter months when the air is drier and my skin needs that extra bit of moisture.  It dries fast and does help keep my skin balanced throughout the day.  I find that my makeup applies quite smoothly whenever I use this prior to application.

Pai Echium & Argan Gentle Eye Cream- Again, I was worried that this would be too thick for my liking but this has actually become the favorite eye cream that I've ever used to this date.  It is thicker but also blends and sinks in fast as well as being highly moisturizing.  I do not have any major fine lines to comment for, however I did notice that the few thin lines under my eyes that I had while laughing have become smoother and diminished especially with makeup on top.  Although the price is steep, this is my absolute favorite night time eye cream and I am willing to bite the bullet and repurchase.

Pai Comfrey & Calendula Calming Body Cream- I ordered the smaller size to test out and it has definitely been the cream that I reach for the most especially during the past winter months.  It comes out as a thick cream and has helped when I had a case of dry legs after showering or when my hands needed extra hydration.  It does leave a slight sheen behind that I'm not a huge fan of, but overall, this is a great moisturizer.  This may be too heavy for me during the summer months so I am glad I ordered the smaller size.

Especially Loved: My Favorite Product

Pai Copaiba & Zinc Perfect Balance Blemish Serum- Remember when I mentioned earlier on that I had been breaking out due to using oils on my face?  This guy was my skin savior.  I used it as spot treatment during the months when I was testing out two different facial oils and once I realized they were the culprit for my skin woes, I cut them out of my system and used this religiously.  It comes out as a gel-like translucent, white gel-cream and it absorbs extremely fast to a matte finish.  While it is gentle, it also packs a punch in treating the breakout I was experiencing.  I woke up each day to find that the blemishes were reduced and less inflamed.  I had to get used to the zinc smell at first but it does not take long and didn't really bother me or keep me from applying the serum.  I've already repurchased and I don't think it's because I thought I was running low.  That's saying something, no?

Here's to hoping this review was helpful to those just discovering this brand!  Let me know down in the comments if you've got any other questions and I'll definitely get back to you with as thorough an answer as possible.

Best,

Vanessa



5 comments

  1. I agree with you on the Rosehip oil, not as great as many have raved it to be but I will use it up (it's my night oil). Ru from Short Small and Sweet breaks out from this as well which she has found has been due to rosehip so you may want to see if that is the case for you as well and steer clear from it in future face products. I bought a kit from their BF deal as well (had only tested the instant calm serum until then despite having sensitive skin and should therefore be my go-to brand) but I can't say I'm all too impressed. The cleanser is simply alright as is the pure hydration cream so the only thing I really love is the calm serum! But at least I know that now :) I will be giving my pure hydration cream to a friend now that I'm reunited with my Quench from Yoshimomo :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey!
      Thanks so much for the suggestion about rosehip, I've definitely been thinking about that as well. I believe I've tried another moisturizer with rosehip as one of the ingredients before and that has broken me out as well so I am probably in the same boat as Ru! It's so interesting that we've had bad reactions to it when there are so many rave reviews out there. I agree with you on the cleanser, I recently tested it out(which is why it was not included in this collective post) but I was not drawn to it very much and only noticed basic cleansing results, nothing astonishing and no improvement to my skin. I do really love their Copaiba & Zinc serum though, it's just that the prices are so steep that I would probably not repurchase as I am currently a student. I read your post on Yoshimomo and I am so tempted to try the Quench moisturizer now! Thank you for the thoughtful comment! I love your thorough reviews!
      Best,
      Vanessa

      Delete
  2. I'd love to try the Pai Copaiba & Zinc Perfect Balance Blemish Serum. It has already accumulated such glowing reviews, even though it's relatively new. It sounds amazing for acneic skin, like mine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The serum works really well for my own acne prone skin! I still have product I. Mine although I bought it 3 months ago, and trust me, I apply it liberally!

      Delete
  3. Thanks for sharing nice information with us. i like your post and all you share with us is uptodate and quite informative,Vinanza Grape i would like to bookmark the page so i can come here again to read you, as you have done a wonderful job.

    ReplyDelete